Be Prepared for your Vacation
Use our First Choice Florida Vacation rental guide to help you be prepared for some fun in the St. Augustine Beach sun!
For the rental home
Our homes are stocked with your basic needs, however, it’s best to bring your own things too. We do not leave a surplus of supplies, as this would cause our rental rates to increase. Our local supermarkets are Winn Dixie and Publix. We also have a Target, and a Walmart. Addresses for these stores are included at the bottom of this article, for your convenience.
Some things to pick up include:
- Paper Towels
- Toilet Paper
- Dish Soap
- Laundry Detergent
- Trash Bags
- Body Wash / Soap
Not all rentals have laundry facilities, please double check the homes listings on our website for that information. In some of the condo rentals, the laundry facilities are not in the home, but are located nearby on the property.
For the beach
It’s easy to find basic beach amenities, such as chairs, umbrellas, boogie boards, and other toys for playing in the sand and surf. There are rental companies available who will bring things right to your doorstep. You can call Drifters at (904) 315-6150, or our friends at Big Bills Beach Stuff, (904) 461-5755.
No matter how close your rental is to the beach, do not walk to the beach without at least carrying a pair of shoes along with you. The sand can get extremely hot, and the pavement even hotter. Please also remember this if you have pets with you.
Some more things you may need:
- Floatation Devices
St. Augustine has much to do away from the beach, though the heat remains. During the summer months, it’s very common for afternoon thunderstorms. They’re usually fairly quick, but they come out of nowhere and can leave you soaked. Also, after being in the sun all day, our nights seem much cooler than they actually are. Be prepared.
It’s a wise idea to throw a few things in the trunk of your vehicle when you’ll be away from the rental.
- A change of clothes
- A light jacket
- An extra pair of shoes
- Insect Repellent
If you have any questions about all of this, please don’t hesitate to call us at 904-429-7373. Our office is open at 9 a.m, and we are here until 5 p.m, Monday through Friday. You can also contact us via Facebook messenger at https://www.facebook.com/flvacationbeach.rentals.
- Winn-Dixie, 3905 A1A S, St Augustine, FL 32080 (on Anastasia Island, near our office)
- Publix, 1033 A1A Beach Blvd, St Augustine, FL 32080 (on Anastasia Island, near our office)
- Winn-Dixie, 1010 S Ponce De Leon Blvd, St Augustine, FL 32084
- Publix, 55 Ava Way, St Augustine, FL 32084 (on Veterans Island)
- Winn-Dixie, 3551 N Ponce De Leon Blvd, St Augustine, FL 32084
- Publix, 4255 US 1 S, St Augustine, FL 32086
- Target, 1440 US-1 S, St Augustine, FL 32084
- Walmart Supercenter, 2355 Us Highway 1 S, St Augustine, FL 32086
Beachwear and Souvenirs:
- Alvin’s Island, 3848 A1A, St Augustine, FL 32080
- Surf Station, 1020 Anastasia Blvd, St Augustine, FL 32080
- Surf Station 2, 6880 A1A S, St Augustine, FL 32080
- Blue Sky Surf Shop, 517 Anastasia Blvd, St Augustine, FL 32080
Hopefully, this will help your family to be prepared for your St. Augustine Beach vacation!